[Peeweelinux] RE compact flash partitions

daniel hennessey [email protected]
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:30:38 +0000

Hi all,

I have found the reason why when I cannot boot from the peeweelinux installation on my compact flash card! Whenever I put the card in the cf-ide converter, it either cannot read or corrupts the partition table! I haven't worked out if it is the mobo, the cf-ide conv or the cf card itself. The other thing I cannot work out is what the geometry of the card should be. It is detected by the mobo bios as 4 heads 16 sectors and 500 cylinders, but cfdisk (or fdisk or sfdisk) SOMETIMES reported it as 2 x 16 x 500 or 2 x 8 x 1000 !!!

In short, has anybody had similar problems with cf cards or does anybody know of a source of information for using cf cards under linux.

Cheers

Dan