[Peeweelinux] [inittab] - Bad inittab entry: si::sysinit:/rc.init

Charles T. Houghtby IV [email protected]
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:18:53 -0500

Hi All...

Does anyone know where "the directions" as quoted in the boot results section? are? I'm using busybox's init services (i believe)

I have kinda figured out that the first section before the first : Is the device to send output to? I can put /bin/bash in instead of a mingetty call and it works.. I put ttyS0 in instead of 1 2 3 4 or 5.

Maybe this whole thing is caused by conflicting settings in ./pwlconfig.. does busybox provide sysvinit as configured by peewee?

boot results as follows:
Freeing unused kernel memory: 72k freed
serial console detected.  Disabling virtual terminals.
Bad inittab entry: id:3:initdefault:
device '/dev/si' does not exist.  Did you read the directions?
Bad inittab entry: si::sysinit:/rc.init
device '/dev/l0' does not exist.  Did you read the directions?
\
|-=more of the same.. cut for space, available upon req.=-
/
Bad inittab entry: 3:3:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
device '/dev/4' does not exist.  Did you read the directions?
Bad inittab entry: 4:3:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
No more tasks for init -- sleeping forever.

--

Sincerely,

Charles T. Houghtby IV
Technical Consultant
Concepts In System Design, Inc

Imbalance of power corrupts, and monopoly of power corrupts absolutely.
   -- Genji