[Peeweelinux] [peewee and cramfs] mounting a cramfs partition in linux

Charles T. Houghtby IV [email protected]
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:26:22 -0500

Hi all!

To use the cliche, "I'm A Newbie" to this ML, and I hope I formulated the subject correctly...
My question is, How do I mount a cramfs volume (in this case /dev/sda2) in linux?
I have compiled support for Compressed ROM FS as part of kernel 2.4.17 <*>. However, when i type
# mount -t cramfs /dev/sda2 /mnt/flash_p1
I continue to get the message
mount: fs type cramfs not supported by the kernel
even though I compiled it in.

my version of mount is
mount: mount 2.11n
(from util-linux 2.11n)

my kernel version is 2.4.17 with both romfs and cramfs support <*> compiled in.

/proc/filesystems
nodev		rootfs
nodev		bdev
nodev		proc
nodev		sockfs
nodev		tmpfs
nodev		shm
nodev		pipefs
nodev		binfmt_misc
ext2
msdos
iso9660
nodev		nfs
nodev		devpts

/proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

   8     0       7840 sda
   8     1       1109 sda1
   8     2       2929 sda2
   8     3       3801 sda3
   3     0   30016224 hda
   3     1      48163 hda1
   3     2          1 hda2
   3     5     265041 hda5
   3     6   29696121 hda6

--

Sincerely,

Charles T. Houghtby IV
Technical Consultant
Concepts In System Design, Inc

Imbalance of power corrupts, and monopoly of power corrupts absolutely.
   -- Genji