[Peeweelinux] newbie wants to target USB HDD

dan latham [email protected]
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:22:30 -0500

I'm running RH 7.3, so I'll look into the compatibility script you
mentioned. I've not
done anything in that regard.

As background to what I'm doing, I'm playing with building a dedicated
Linux-based
MP3 player. I'm developing on an HP laptop with RH 7.3. The box I'm
developing for
is a EPIA Mini-ITX. It seemed like an easy way to build images and try them out
would be to write to a USB device and then boot from USB.  So my first attempt
was just getting the OS on a USB HDD from the laptop. That seems like it
will be
no problem. But the Mini-ITX only supports booting off a USB FDD. So I've
ordered a
Netac Dual-Bootable OnlyDisk that can switch to appear as a FDD. So my plan
is to build the image on the laptop to the USB drive and then plug it into
the Mini-ITX
and test. Seems like it should work :)

In the meantime, I'm getting acquainted with PeeWee Linux. It's a
great tool for someone who knows next to nothing about developing embedded
Linux.

dan