[Peeweelinux] rc.init

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:41:02 -0800 (PST)

>I downloaded the source package and ran the script pwlconfig. Worked fine
until the Extract File System for project. I found out about an hour later I
had to run the rpm2tar first. Maybe this will help some new comers like me...

I think I saw this complaint from someone else recently.  Normally
this will happen automatically.  In my notes I see the following
observation:

The first time I ran pwlconfig I was taken to:

"Create new project".  After choosing a name I got:

	No tar packages were found. Do you wish to extraxt
	 all binary rpms and create tar packages now
	 (recommended)?

I can only guess that the pwlconfig script somehow "knows" if
the packages are missing (by looking at some directory) and
something you did fooled it.  The scripts are sometimes
easy to confuse.   Fortunately you found the workaround
and now it's on record.   (This is a long way of
saying, "it worked for me").

>Now for my problem:
>I'm trying to boot on a floppy. I get a "sh:
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin: No such file or directory"
>I extracted the ramdisk from the floppy mounted it and ran the script
rc.init with a chroot. So I could conclude it comes from the rc.init (boy
that's only the second line of the script :( ).
>and btw, I'm using busybox (<--- it's probably his fault!!)
>Has anybody gone through that?
>
>Fran�ois

My notes agree with yours (contents of rc.init and so on).  My
interpretation of your error is that "PATH" is not a program
nor is it a shell command.  To which you say, "of course
not, it's setting an environment variable!"   Yes, but the
shell (?) does not know that, apparently.  Somehow the shell
is wrong, broken, or not a shell.

My experience has been that sometimes I start over making
the project, so I can document it and get help, and that
time it works.  It's worth a try.  There are some subtle
things in pwl (and lots of choices to make on the menus)

Barry