[Peeweelinux] General Information for Project

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 14:52:05 -0800 (PST)

>How fast is CF when booting up? Would it be quicker than a hard drive?

CF is not as fast as a hard drive, from what I can find.  Especially
on writes, which may not matter here.   One thing peewee does in
this configuration (compressed ramdisk on memory card) on startup
is to copy the filesystem into RAM, which can take a few seconds.

>When people are talking about small linux distribution of PeeWee how small can
>I get it?  I need to have MySQL and Perl installed - is this realistic in a
>128MB card for example?
>Paul Nuzzo

It ought to be enough.  Peewee is very small, so the question
becomes, "how big is MySQL + perl ?"  I'd like to know
that myself for future planning.

Barry