[Peeweelinux] system initialization

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:23:26 -0700 (PDT)

>There is no automatic way to run depmod since the intend was to run insmod
>instead. So you would create an /etc/rc.modules containing something like:
>
>  insmod ne2k-pci

That's what I did.  You might think it's bad that something's
lacking in the system but it's exactly what I wanted to hear.  That
way I can stop looking for it and get on with configuring it myself!

>I usually use insmod and have it load the required modules in the
>proper sequence. This eliminates the need for depmod and /etc/modules.conf
>amongst things.

I think you meant "modules.dep" ; or do you put your insmod
in something other than /etc/rc.modules as you described above?

>  DEVICE=eth0
>  IPADDR=192.168.1.1
>  NETMASK=255.255.255.0

Yes, I intended to explain that I had figured all this out by
way of reading the network script and such.  Also a lot of
RedHat experience.

Thanks for the the help.

Barry