[Peeweelinux] Success

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:53:20 -0700 (PDT)

Last Wednesday my embedded hardware arrived.  I got a DiskOnModule with
it.  It has an IDE connector on it.  I plugged it onto the host
system's motherboard and let PeeWee write an image to it.   The
only hitch I had was on the embedded hardware.  The disk module
wouldn't respond.  Turns out there is an IDE master jumper that's
routed to the power connector and the mating connector didn't
have a wire there.  Once that was taken care of, the system booted!
On Thursday 8/15 I had an embedded web site running on our LAN.

The hardware is an Arbor EmCore-i413 featuring the ZFx86 "Linux" chip.
 5V, 1A.  100 MHz (39 BogoMIPS, must be a 486)

The DiskOnModule is hard to find item that emulates an IDE drive. It's
built onto the back of an IDE connector and extends back less than
an inch.  The vendor (Modular Industrial Solutions) recommended
them as being less trouble than the DiskOnChip, and they cost
less, too.   They sell the board and the disk.  http://www.modindsol.com

One month from the time I started.  Not too bad, seemed like more :)

Barry