[Peeweelinux] thttpd web server Q+A, net-pf-10

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:19:57 -0700 (PDT)

>I don't know much about thttpd IPv6 or peeweelinux for that matter,
>but when referring to kernel modules...
>
>> to "alias net-pf-10 off".
>>

>usually means adding the line to the /etc/modules.conf directory rather
>than using a shell alias
>
>-Tim

Thanks for the response.  I don't need ipv6 and thttpd turned up
working, but I still am trying to find all the loose ends of
the startup scripts.

How does that "alias" think work?  I have "made up" explanations
for many things and while they often turn out to be right I am
always watching for that clue that I've got it wrong.  So I need
to know who reads modules.conf, and how the alias is handled.  I'm
thinking that it may well be a shell script, maybe it sources the
modules.conf file, but that would point back to the shell needing
to keep aliases....I think I will do some digging around in my host
system for this.

Barry