[Peeweelinux] FAQ: New RedHat, no errors, no bzImage

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:38:09 -0700 (PDT)

>Hi Barry,
>
>Have you seen Troy Engel's "kernel 2.4 mini-howto"?

No, but I saw a reference to it.  For some reason I was never able
to locate it.  I had downloaded the archives and imported them to
my mail reader, so it was a search problem.   Thanks to your link,
I have it in my sights now.

>Also, for what it's worth, I usually just include my custom kernel (bzImage)
>as a "custom" file, effectively replacing the one created by Peewee.

I found that if I save the result of "packaging the kernel" into a
directory of my own naming, it shows up in the package selection
for the project just like the "stock" kernel does.  So far seems
to work.  Sounds similar to what you are doing.  Unless you are
able to manage the sources separately.

>but it does allow me to control the kernel building process independent of
>Peewee's scripts or compiler dependencies.
>
>Mark

So much of using pwlconfig is tied up in undestanding what it's
trying to do.   It helps to know how to do it in the first place.
I have a lot better picture of kernel making now that I've done
it by hand a few times.

Thanks for the lead.

Barry