[Peeweelinux] PWL on Redhat 7.1

Michael McManus [email protected]
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:40:58 +0100

Can you give me more details
i.e. which Makefile and its location
plus i have installed compat-glibc-6.2-2.1.3.2.i386.rpm
but i cannot find "i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh" does red hat 7.1 change this?

Regards
Michael McManus
[email protected]
-= i dont suffer from insanity i enjoy every minute of it =-

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Randy Torgerson
Sent: 20 April 2002 7:56 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Peeweelinux] PWL on Redhat 7.1

After many falls and stumbles I have PWL running on Redhat 7.1.  I wanted to
share with the group what has to be done so PWL works correctly and to
document the process for others.

All of the information here is posted somewhere in the archives but is not
in
one location.  These are the steps that I took and maynot be the most
straight forward way of getting PWL working on Redhat 7.1.

install ncurses4.  This may not be necessary with the latest version.

install compat-glibc-6.2-2.1.3.2.i386.rpm.  These libraries are compatible
with the 2.2.17 kernel.

After installing, run script "i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh"

Modify your Makefile to use kgcc instead of cc

CC	=$(CROSS_COMPILE)kgcc -D__KERNEL__ -I$(HPATH)

Once I had made these changes I was able to get a project working on my
target very quickly.

TTFN,

Randy Torgerson
San Diego, CA