[Peeweelinux] PWL on Redhat 7.1

Randy Torgerson [email protected]
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:56:02 -0700

After many falls and stumbles I have PWL running on Redhat 7.1.  I wanted to
share with the group what has to be done so PWL works correctly and to
document the process for others.

All of the information here is posted somewhere in the archives but is not in
one location.  These are the steps that I took and maynot be the most
straight forward way of getting PWL working on Redhat 7.1.

install ncurses4.  This may not be necessary with the latest version.

install compat-glibc-6.2-2.1.3.2.i386.rpm.  These libraries are compatible
with the 2.2.17 kernel.

After installing, run script "i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh"

Modify your Makefile to use kgcc instead of cc

CC	=$(CROSS_COMPILE)kgcc -D__KERNEL__ -I$(HPATH)

Once I had made these changes I was able to get a project working on my
target very quickly.

TTFN,

Randy Torgerson
San Diego, CA