[Peeweelinux] DiskOnChip Boot Problems

K West [email protected]
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:09:44 -0500

I have a PWL file system built and working on a CompactFLASH device.  I am
now trying to move to a DiskOnChip (DOC) device.

I used the latest driver from M-Systems (5.04) and have it working fine on
my development system.  I can mount the DOC and PeeWee can build the
filesystem on it just like it does on the CFLASH.  The problem occurs when I
reboot.  The system displays 'dLIL' and stops.

I've read the 'Bootdisk HOWTO' which indicates that LILO may have a problem
with the system map file.  If this is true, I haven't figured out how to
correct the problem.

Has anyone else had this experience and managed to solve the problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.