[Peeweelinux] Question about X

Mateo Garcia, Carlos [email protected]
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:12:51 +0200

Does your kernel support TCP?
Since X works as client-server, it needs to communicate via TCP.

I got an error like yours, but I don't remember if it was errno=111.

Try to recompile your kernel with TCP support.
--
Carlos Mateo
[email protected]

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Matthew L. Canny [mailto:[email protected]]
Enviado el: jueves, 04 de abril de 2002 18:07
Para: [email protected]
Asunto: [Peeweelinux] Question about X

I'm trying to get X to run, but I'm having problems.

When I startx I get:
execve failed for /usr/X11R6/bin/X (errno 2)
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't Connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

I looked around and found some info on how to fix this for standard Linux
installs, but I can't figure it out for PeeWee.

I know that some people have gotten X to work on their systems.  Could somebody
please let me know what I'm doing wrong, what I have setup wrong, or where I
could read some documentation to help me with this?