[Peeweelinux] edit fstab doesn't 'stick'

jim barchuk [email protected]
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:06:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mark!

> Peewee creates /etc/fstab dynamically, based on your particular target
> options.  As you have already seen, any custom fstab file you create
> will be replaced.

This has got to be some system design philosophical thing that I don't
understand. Pwl has no idea what devices the target system has. Why would
it overwrite what -I- tell it it has?

I think I'm misunderstanding what 'target' means. I'm making a boot floppy
for a box that has several hds.  For me the floppy is a transition/boot
device. Pwl is unclear at several points what target means for it.

I fixed it by copying my files over to pwl after Extract and before Load.

Related to fstab, what do I need to include to read fat16 and extended?
Pwl fdisk -identifies- a partition but mount says it can't deal with them.

Tnx. Have a :) day!

jb

--
jim barchuk