[Peeweelinux] Init Problem

James D. Bearden [email protected]
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 18:10:56 GMT

Hello All,

I am starting out in the wonderful world of Peewee Linux and I have run into
a problem.
I am investigating peewee due to performance reasons, not disk space. More
details are
available at http://james.nontrivial.org/projcitr.htm but basically it is a
386 with 16
Megabytes of RAM. I pretty much chose the simplest peewee setup I couldn
find with the
read only and many ramdisks option.

While I'm not a complete linux newbie, I really don't know much about the
finer points of
the boot process. So, I don't know if the root file system did not get
mounted successfully,
or else it did and for some reason there isn't an init. At any rate, I get a
kernel panic about
not being able to finid init. I am extemely inexperienced, but everything
before that seemed
to go swimmingly except for two errors:

   tcsetpsrp: Inappropriate ioctl for device
   change_root: old root has dcount=1

If somebody could throw me a bone before I spend all weekend on this I would
greatly
appreciate it. :-) Bonus points are available for telling me how to specify
a 80x25 console
verses the default 80x30 console. Maybe a kernel option?

 ---
James D. Bearden
[email protected]
http://james.nontrivial.org/

Don't reward Microsoft's bad behavior. Use the free
Mozilla web browser (http://www.mozilla.org/releases/)
and then use (http://www.98lite.net/ieradicator.html)
IEradicator to remove Internet Explorer from your system.
This will also make your machine faster and more stable.