RPM compatibility

Adi Linden [email protected]
Fri, 18 May 2001 15:31:23 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

There is an issue with the rpm package included with redhat 6.2. The
script portion that invokes rpm requires that rpm returns the group
defined in the source rpm for the package to be placed in the proper
'packages' subdirectory. The redhat 6.2 rpm would respond with the group
stored in the system database which is different from what I've used for
PeeWeeLinux. So if you use the rpm supplied with RedHat 7.x quite possibly
the layout of the packages dir isn't what you'd expect. pwlconfig should
still work but it'll break compatibility with saved configuration plus
nest the actual tar file quite deeply.

The rpm proven to work can be found in Embedded_Build/bin...

TTYL,
Adi