compact flash woes

Matthew Schumacher [email protected]
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:04:26 -0800

Adi,

I didn't know that you are the one that put together peeweelinux.  If I
had known I would have bought the cf adapter from you because I like to
support linux.  Anyway.....

I did a fdisk /mbr using a windows 98 boot disk and that seems to work
fine, but when I run fdisk I get error reading fixed disk.  I got this
error before the boot problem but didn't worry about it because it
booted fine.  I can read the disk with partition magic.  I can make a
dos partition and format it.  I can also see the formated disk and copy
data to and from it, but still can't boot.

Any other ideas?  I am thinking about trying syslinux to make it boot.

Also, what is the correct way to put linux on a compact flash anyway?
Syslinux, with a initrd?

schu