compact flash woes

Matthew Schumacher [email protected]
Sun, 08 Jul 2001 21:19:08 -0800

Hello All,

I am trying to put together a router that runs from a compact flash
card.  Anyway, I could not get the card to boot to linux no matter what
I tried, however I could sys the disk in dos and boot dos.  Anyway I
fdisked the compact flash card trying to make it work and now I can't
get anything to work.  I noticed that there is a warning on the site
about fdisk, but unfortunately I didn't read it until it was to late.  I
still think that the card works because I have a fat16 FS on it now and
I can see it from a dos boot disk just fine, I just can't boot from it.
Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?  I wonder if a format
command on a digital camera will fix my problem.

thanks

schu