PeeWee : Lilo/SysLinux.....Episode II

Adi Linden [email protected]
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:33:54 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

If I understand correctly the different firmware versions simply use
different addresses on the Disk-On-Chip device. So the patched lilo lives
in a different address space than the original lilo. Making things
compatible.

I have not used Disk-On-Chip as an attached drive at all. My way of
filesystem and load it onto a CompactFlash card. My board with the
Disk-On-CHip also has an IDE port. With the CompactFlash plugged into the
IDE port I can now run fdisk, syslinx manually and copy the files to the
Disk-On-Chip device.

I am looking at different ways of getting a PeeWeeLinux system onto target
devices. It could be possible to run an tftp server and use netboot to
load a target. Or have a floppy (if a drive is availabel on the target) to
boot and make the target available to PeeWeeLinux. But I haven't been able
to wrap my head around this just yet. No real idea how to integrate
something like that into PeeWeeLinux.

TTYL,
Adi