PeeWee: Installing Lilo.....failed

Ralph Stickley [email protected]
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:47:48 -0800 (PST)

Hey,
We got this error message just yesterday also. The scripts
toss the actual error messages from LILO so its hard to tell
whats wrong.

The lilo.conf file is created in the Embedded_build/tmp directory
so, you can type the following from the command line:

Embedded_Build # lilo -C tmp/lilo.conf

This will show the error message generated by lilo.  In our case,
we assigned a VGA parameter incorrectly, lilo said error on line
16 which was fixed by changing the defaults we had entered.
Fixed that and our Compact Flash card booted first time!

I think some better error handling is in order here...now where's
that to do list ?:)

Ralph