pwlconfig custom file problem

Dean Brown [email protected]
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 13:38:24 -0800

Adi,

I've come across a bit of a problem with the handling of custom files in
pwl. If any directories have spaces in their names, the initial check
when pwlconfig loads erroneously indicates that the source and custom
directories aren't in sync. What appears to be happening is that any
files in a custom directory that has an embedded space are assumed to
belong in the root of the custom source directory.

IF you need an example, I can send you one. As a simple test however,
create a project that uses a custom directory structure as follows:

"<custom_src>/test dir/foo"
"<custom_src>/test dir/bar"
"<custom_src>/test dir/foobar"

If you add this to a project at root, exit pwlconfig, then re-enter
pwlconfig you will get a list of file in your custom directory that do
not exist in you custom source directory. The list will look something
like this:

"<custom_src>/dir/foo"
"<custom_src>/dir/bar"
"<custom_src>/dir/foobar"

It seems that when you are creating your .list files, you aren't quoting
paths with spaces embedded in them.

This is a problem for me since the application I am trying to run on my
system has embedded spaces in the paths that I don't have control over.

--
Dean Brown