PEEWEE 0.53.27 network configuration? problem

Adi Linden [email protected]
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 10:23:57 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

There shouldn't be unusual configurations necessary to get networking to
work. If you're working on a private network make sure the /etc/hosts file
contains the ip numbers and names of all the hosts you communicate with.
Telnet attempts to reverse resolve all ip numbers before allowing access.
This causes a timeout of a minute or two if there is no name associated
with the ip number.

If someone can tell me how to turn off the reverse DNS or even what does
it (inetd?) I'd be interested in making it disableable.

TTYL,
Adi