Can mount ramdisk root (/) ; Can't find /sbin/init

Tim Westbrook [email protected]
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 22:10:03 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy.
   4 nights and nothing to show for it but a greatly
enhanced knowledge of the linux boot process... and
yet.....
   I am using a DOC system with an uncompressed ext2
ramdisk and initrd.
   When I boot up ,
       initrd runs (which installs my DOC driver),
       the /dev/msys/fla2 gets successfully
transferred to /dev/ram2,
       the kernel reports a successful mount of the
root filesystem,
       The kernel reports it can't find init.

   I also have a development hda on this system and if
I pass the "root=/dev/hda1 init=/bin/sh" command to
the kernel/bootloader it comes up fine. I can even
mount /dev/ram2 and run /ram/mount/point/sbin/init.

   Any ideas?
   I am getting a psychic vibration from the ramdisk
configuration. Could this be a library issue?

Thanks
-Tim