DiskOnChip Problem

Tim Westbrook [email protected]
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 00:21:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Guillaume,
    Oddly enough, I found myself in your exact same
situation tonight. I am using a doc system as well,
with the target being an uncompressed ext2 partion on
ramdisk.

    I was able to get around your particular problem
by creating an msys subdirectory in my
/project/minimal/mnt/dev directory.

    It seems that the portion of the script that
creates the boot device directory structure does not
create multi-level /dev entries. So you may be seeing
cp error messages when your run "load target"

   You may be able to do this with the custom files
option I did it by editing the script file that
creates these directory entries.

   Also make sure that the doc driver is loaded, i am
using a modular driver so i had to modify the linuxrc
in the initrd to load the driver before attempting to
mount the root partition.

   I myself am having trouble with finding init. My
root partition seems to boot fine , but i get
"Kernel Panic: No INIT found" I suppose for some
reason, the system can't read my root partition.

   A curious item, I noticed that for uncompressed
ext2 partitions booting from lilo, the linuxrc script
in the initrd copies the root partition from the
source partion on the flash to /dev/ram2, but the
fstab entry created points / to /dev/ram0. I don't
think this is my problem , but it seems sort of odd.

- Tim