Problem installing LILO

fred anger [email protected]
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:26:03 -0700 (MST)

Hi again.  I'm trying to build a system from PWL onto the hard drive of an
"embedded" device.  The hard drive is a 2G Hitachi laptop hard drive,
which I've removed from the embedded device and plugged into my
development PC's IDE bus as /dev/hdd.  I built the filesystem and
"flashed" it to the drive ok (the disk is split into 2 partitions, with
the second partition being the one to be booted), but when I try to
install LILO, I get an error from mkBootDevice saying: "invalid Boot
Directory /mnt/boot".  Here are my project.defaults:

export prjMnt="mnt"                    # Prompt: Project Mount Point
export prjCustomSrc="/usr/local/src"   # Prompt: Project Custom Source
File pathexport bootLabel="pwlinuz"             # Prompt: LILO Boot Label

#   Initial defaults from flash disk (IDE type) parameters

export deviceType="FLASH"              # Prompt: Device Type (DOC FLOPPY
CDROM FLASH)
export deviceName="Flash Disk"         # Prompt: Device Name
export liloCustom="linear"             # Prompt: LILO Custom Command
export liloImageCustom=""              # Prompt: LILO Image Custom Command

export deviceMnt="/mnt"   # Prompt: Device Mount Point
export deviceLoc="/dev/hdd"   # Prompt: Device Type Node (/dev/xxx)
export devicePartition="2"   # Prompt: Device Type Partition
export bootKernel="/boot/bzImage"   # Prompt: Boot Image Path/name
export bootDevice="/dev/hda2"   # Prompt: Boot Location

What am I doing wrong?

-fa