making floppy systems

fred anger [email protected]
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 15:59:47 -0700 (MST)

So, assuming I have a bootable floppy and some means of transferring a
tarred-up filesystem image to the embedded system's harddrive, how do I go
about getting that image out of PWL?  Simply tar up the
./Embedded_Build/projects/blah/mnt directory?  Then once I partition and
format the embedded system's hard drive, I untar the file system on to it,
but how do I get a boot loader installed (lilo)?  Would I make the
appropriate changes to the ramdisked /etc/lilo.conf and run lilo, or would
I have to make a lilo boot disk to boot from the newly-created hard-drive
filesystem first?

-fa