making floppy systems

fred anger [email protected]
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 11:33:35 -0700 (MST)

Hello all.  I'm new to PWL, and haven't seen any specific docs on creating
bootable floppy systems.  Please point me to docs if there are any.
pwlconfig seems to want to flash to /dev/hda1, and unlike some docs I've
read, I'm not given the opportunity to specify that I want a floppy
system.  Perhaps it's buried in the menus?

I have a need to build a mini-system that'll fit on a floppy, which can be
inserted, booted, then flashed onto the hard drive of an "embedded"
system, which will then be a standalone Linux machine (i.e. boots from
it's own hard drive from then on).  This sorta seems to be what PWL was
going for, only it seems that you actually need to have the hard drive
plugged into the development box to do this.  Is this true?  Or is there a
way around this?

-fa