0.52 problems

fred anger [email protected]
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:43:19 -0700 (MST)

I grabbed a copy of 0.52-bin and gave it a try.  First problem I notice is
that it complains about various directories not existing.  The only one I
seem to have been affected by so far is ./Embedded_Build/rd_tmp.  Others
already scrolled out of my scrollback buffer - sorry.

Now I'm having trouble installing a pwl system to /dev/hdd.  It is a 2Gig
laptop hard drive.  The first problem I ran into was that the first time I
tried to "extract" the system to the hard drive, it tried to do it to
/dev/sda, even though I had already changed the device in the defaults to
/dev/hdd.  Exiting and re-starting seemed to get the change to /dev/hdd to
take.  Next, it can't seem to install lilo, but it just says
"failed".  Here's the output:

Testing for mkdosfs...                                     [  ok  ]
Testing for syslinux...                                    [  ok  ]
Testing for mke2fs...                                      [  ok  ]
Testing for sfdisk...                                      [  ok  ]
Testing for losetup...                                     [  ok  ]
Testing for tmp directory...                               [  ok  ]
Testing for mount directory...                             [  ok  ]
Testing for target device /dev/hdd...                      [  ok  ]
Testing that target /dev/hdd is not mounted...             [  ok  ]
Testing that nothing is mounted on mount directory...      [  ok  ]
Testing for an existing project root...                    [  ok  ]
Creating a loopback device...                              [  ok  ]
Creating a filesystem on /dev/loop0...                     [  ok  ]
Mounting loopback device...                                [  ok  ]
Copying files to loopback device...                        [  ok  ]
Creating fstab and rc.init...                              [  ok  ]
Editing inittab...                                         [  ok  ]
Building ld.so.cache...                                    [  ok  ]
Unmounting loopback device...                              [  ok  ]
Compressing /dev/loop0 into ramdisk...                     [  ok  ]
Free loopback device /dev/loop0...                         [  ok  ]
Determining space on target device...                      [  ok  ]
Partition traget device /dev/hdd...                        [  ok  ]
Creating ext2 filesystem...                                [  ok  ]
Mount the target device /dev/hdd1...                       [  ok  ]
Copying ramdisk, kernel and boot.b...                      [  ok  ]
Creating lilo.conf in a temporary location...              [  ok  ]
Installing lilo bootloader...                              [failed]
Unmounting target device /dev/hdd1...                      [  ok  ]

Any idea why it fails?

Oh, and that spelling error on the 7th line from the bottom really is in
there ;)

-fa