pwlconfig and LILO error

Dr Jaime V. Miro [email protected]
Mon, 09 Oct 2000 17:45:52 +0100

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the info. The reason for the error was, as suggested, not being able to locate lilo because I don't have /sbin on the PATH. However, setting PLILO did not help. I had to actually add it to the PATH env. variable to get it to work - I never bother doing that b4, pure laziness, always using /sbin/lilo when I was messing around with lilo :-)

With regards to other points of conflict, here is my experience in case it helps:

a) rc.sysinit not executable, but that has been raised b4 in the list. Nothing new there.

b) when the filesystem for the current project is extracted, I always get a tar error when ncurses.tar is untarred:
..
.
ncurses.tar   project_name/ncurses.list
tar:usr/bin/clear:Could not create file:File exists
tar:error exit delayed from previous errors
.
..

The file system is however untarred, and I can see the files I have selected from ncurses.tar in my root file system. It has also happened b4 that libncurses.so.X (in ncurses.tar) has not been untarred despite being selected, and I seem to remember (not sure though) being unable to log in (got the login/pwd prompt, but after properly typing the admin/admin or root/redhat login/pwd, it would give me the login prompt again :-o). Extracting the system again would not make a difference. I first
copied my own version of libncurses.so.4 from my dev. machine, and it worked. Then, I deleted the whole project filesystem, extracted it all again, and then extracted libncurses.so.X ok (also giving me the above mentioned error, though). And it all went fine after.

I'll keep you posted with my experiences. Thanks again,

Jaime