DOC quandry

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:12:43 -0600

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 02:21:59PM -0600, Adi Linden wrote:
> Just a couple of comments...
>
> > I just got done doing this last weekend.
> > 1) do you have version 4.2 of the drivers from M-Sys?
> > This is kind of important
> > 2) Did you compile support into the kernel or are you using a modual?
> > You need to have one of these going before the system can see the DOC
>
> The precompiled kernels included in PeeWeeLinux included DOC support.
> Based on the latest modular drivers from M-Systems.
>
> Your development system also needs DOC support and the /dev/fla* devices.

Great!  I did a couple of extra steps then.  Oh well, learning experience.
Is it useing the 4.2 version of the m-sys drivers?  As far as I know they were
just released this month.

when I used the tools from m-sys they set my system up with /dev/msys/fla*
I don't know if this is a significant difference or not, but I thought it was
at least worth noting.

M@