DOC quandry

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:13:32 -0600

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 01:58:11PM -0500, David Hamm wrote:
> Following the PeeWeeLinux-3.html doc I have the DOC mountable.  But pwlconfig
> doesn't seem to see it.  I've added links in /dev/ for the devices listed in
> /dev/msys/* and still don't have a main menu choice of Erase-Disk-On-Chip.  Any
> suggestions?

I just got done doing this last weekend.
1) do you have version 4.2 of the drivers from M-Sys?
This is kind of important
2) Did you compile support into the kernel or are you using a modual?
You need to have one of these going before the system can see the DOC

The way I ended up doing this over all was to use pwlconfig to setup a system
on a 16M hdd partition (the size of my DOC).  I then 'tweeked' it get to get
my moduals and everything else up and running the way I wanted.
Then out side of pwl I just copied everything to the DOC
mount /dev/msys/fla1 /mnt/flash
cp -dpR /<insert pwl partion name here> /mnt/flash

I then put doc.b in /mtn/flash/boot and doc-lilo in /mnt/flash/etc

I then had to reboot into dos to run there dos utils (dupdate) to update the
firmware for the last time, and rebooted.

I understand that this is doing things outside of plwconfig which is probably
to be avoided, but it did work.
All of what I've just talked about is fairly well listed in the docs for the
4.2 version of the firmware on the M-Sys site.  I typed all of this up from
memory so I wouldn't follow it as a step by step but rather a guide to looking
through the offical docs.

If I can be of any more help let me know.

M@