0.53.14

Adi Linden [email protected]
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:47:21 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

Another note about your 0.53.14 problems. Contrary to my earlier reply,
yes, there is a situation that could possibly cause the problem you're
seeing.

Dou you have a custom rc.sysinit loaded from custom files?

If so, you would be missing the mount -a statement I removed from rc.init
and added to rc.sysinit. A subtle but important issue! There are 2 ways to
fix this, 0.53.15 "should" fix this. I added instructions to mount /dev to
rc.init which should fix this. Or, edit your rc.sysinit and add a mount -a
statement near the top.

The reason for this change: I am using Disk-On-Chip. The kernel requires a
module to be loaded prior to mounting the flash drive to access
Disk-On-Chip. Since the mount -a statment was located in rc.init I
couldn't change it to eliminate the error messages I got during bootup.
Moving mount -a to rc.sysinit allowed me to create a custom rc.sysinit
where modules are loaded prior to any additional mounting instructions...

TTYL,
Adi