experiences with PWL0.53.10 (some problems?)

Dr Jaime V. Miro [email protected]
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 21:02:32 +0000

Hi Ali,

Adi Linden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some answers...
>
> > I am experiencing the following with PWL0.53.10:
> >
> > a) when I tried to extract a file system to a CompactFlash IDE target
> > device (/dev/hdc) from pwlconfig, I always get the following:
> >
> > "testing that nothing is mounted on mount directory" ...failed
>
> Seeing that rd_dialog works, the actual script that loads the filesystem
> is alright. What do you see when you go to
>
>     Configure Target Hardware -->

A page with the various targets, ramdisk, floppy, IDE and the corresponding config parameters.

> Did pwlconfig ask you to create a new configuration file (it should have)
> when you tried to load your target?

I can't quite remember that. Sorry. I can always install it all again and see what it says. I am still playing around with it, so no major projects on it yet.

> All I can think of is that the path to
> the temporary mount directory is not correct. It should say something
> like:
>
>     Device Mount Point: "./mnt"

it does. In fact, I keep comparing with PWL0.51 and all the relevant parameters seem the same. That's why I am puzzled.

> > b) On another note, the minimal configuration example that comes with
> > PWL0.53.10 tries to extract, as kernel,
> > ./packages/Kernel/kernel-basic-2.2.17.list, which does not exist (at
> > least not in the distro I have). Hence,, the system generated does not
> > have a kernel. Furthermore, I have noticed that even If you select
> > another kernel, project.conf always includes
> > ./packages/Kernel/kernel-basic-2.2.17.list, hence the error is also
> > generated, despite your selected kernel included okay (that happens
> > whenever your project is based on "minimal". If you start your new
> > project from the scratch, it does not happen).
>
> Did you upgrade to 0.53.10 by downloading the peeweelinux-*-cfg.tar.gz
> package or did you download the complete bin or src archive?

I downloaded peeweelinux-0.53-bin.tar.gz from ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/peewee/, and then I applied the patch http://peeweelinux.org/pub/Projects/Embedded/peeweelinux-0.53.10-cfg.tar.gz.

Thanks

Jaime

--
Dr Jaime V. Miro