experiences with PWL0.53.10 (some problems?)

Adi Linden [email protected]
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 14:16:21 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I have some answers...

> I am experiencing the following with PWL0.53.10:
>
> a) when I tried to extract a file system to a CompactFlash IDE target
> device (/dev/hdc) from pwlconfig, I always get the following:
>
> "testing that nothing is mounted on mount directory" ...failed

Seeing that rd_dialog works, the actual script that loads the filesystem
is alright. What do you see when you go to

    Configure Target Hardware -->

Did pwlconfig ask you to create a new configuration file (it should have)
when you tried to load your target? All I can think of is that the path to
the temporary mount directory is not correct. It should say something
like:

    Device Mount Point: "./mnt"

> b) On another note, the minimal configuration example that comes with
> PWL0.53.10 tries to extract, as kernel,
> ./packages/Kernel/kernel-basic-2.2.17.list, which does not exist (at
> least not in the distro I have). Hence,, the system generated does not
> have a kernel. Furthermore, I have noticed that even If you select
> another kernel, project.conf always includes
> ./packages/Kernel/kernel-basic-2.2.17.list, hence the error is also
> generated, despite your selected kernel included okay (that happens
> whenever your project is based on "minimal". If you start your new
> project from the scratch, it does not happen).

Did you upgrade to 0.53.10 by downloading the peeweelinux-*-cfg.tar.gz
package or did you download the complete bin or src archive?

TTYL,
Adi