experiences with PWL0.53.10 (some problems?)

Dr Jaime V. Miro [email protected]
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:49:06 +0000

Hi there,

I am experiencing the following with PWL0.53.10:

a) when I tried to extract a file system to a CompactFlash IDE target device (/dev/hdc) from pwlconfig, I always get the following:

"testing that nothing is mounted on mount directory" ...failed

And nothing is written in the flash. If, on the other hand, I manually (from outside pwlconfig) run:

[PWL directory of PWL0.53.10]/Embedded_Build/scripts/rd_dialog

(that is, as it used to be in PWL0.51), the script works fine and it loads the file system and boots up from the flash. As a double check, I still have PWL0.51, and if I run:

[PWL directory of PWL0.51]/Embedded_Build/misc/rd_dialog

everything works fine too.

b) On another note, the minimal configuration example that comes with PWL0.53.10 tries to extract, as kernel, ./packages/Kernel/kernel-basic-2.2.17.list, which does not exist (at least not in the distro I have). Hence,, the system generated does not have a kernel. Furthermore, I have noticed that even If you select another kernel, project.conf always includes ./packages/Kernel/kernel-basic-2.2.17.list, hence the error is also generated, despite your selected kernel included okay (that happens
whenever your project is based on "minimal". If you start your new project from the scratch, it does not happen).

c) the problem with shell signal catching (see my other postings this month) is stil there in PWL0.53, as was suspected and hinted in previous responses. It was time to install PWL0.53 anyway. Still open to suggestions!

Anybody experiencing these problems?

Hope it helps. Thanks

Jaime