Silent booting

Dean Brown [email protected]
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 17:37:24 -0800

Ok,

Several problems here. First off, there is no pci-scan.o module anywhere
in the pwl distribution that I've been able to find. Searching the
available packages for pci-scan or pci-scan.o or pci-scan* returns a not
found.

Searching the filesystem rooted at the Embedded_Builds directory found a
pci-scan.{c|h|o} in the ./src/BUILDS/2.2.17/net path. Copying the .o
file to the /lib/modules/2.2.17/net/ directory and modifying the
/etc/rc.modules file to load the pci-scan module results in an error at
boot time of "/lib/modules/2.2.17/net/pci-scan.o: couldn't find the
kernel version the module was compiled for".

I am using the 2.2.17 kernel.

On another note, entering linux debug=0 at the lilo prompt does indeed
suppress all the kernel spew. Is there any way to add additional
parameters to the lilo.conf created during the load process without
requiring lilo to be manually installed?

Thanks again for you help.

--
Dean Brown