Uncompressed root fs to ramdisk.

Ralph Stickley [email protected]
Tue, 23 May 2000 13:23:49 -0700 (PDT)

Good Job!

Not sure about the minigetty thing.  I think the /dev/tty things (are they
files , pipes ? does anybody know ?? ) have to be in R/W partition. I just
linked to my ram disk:

mount /dev/ram /var
/tmp -> /var
/dev/tty0 -> /tmp/tty0

Where /tmp is a link to the /var mount point for the ram disk. That might help
?

Do you create more than one ramdisk ? How do you specify the size of your ram
disk ?

BTW, If I don't login with root privledge, I can never get my console window to
open. (Something to do with ttyP0 and ptyp0 I think...)

Little bits here and there to clean up yet....so little time :-)

Good luck,
Ralph