Browser

Ralph Stickley [email protected]
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 21:12:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
I heard about the Opera browser and it sounds good - at last some competition
for the big "two". From a quick check, this is what I found:

--- [email protected] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	Just a suggestion: Netscape > 10M

$0.00
> 			   Opera  1.5M

$35.00
IIRC...without java and every feature must be downloaded as a
plug-in...hmmm...might take more RAM...

If you have a fixed set of pages (Kiosk or the like) and don't mind the price
this would be great - from what I've read this is not ready for a prime time,
generic browser. Netscape works...ummm...most of the time :-)

Also, 10Mb of CF is about $40 now (i.e. 32MB $99; 40MB is $139 - single unit,
retail pricing)...3 months from now I expect CF to be less than that; I don't
think they will lower their price on the browser as fast as CF goes down in
price.

So...buy the browser for $35 or pay for the flash...I recommend going for the
hardware, we can always replace the browser later...you're mileage may vary.

However, if you have a Opera Browser package (demo) working I'd love to give it
a try!

Thanks,
Ralph