pwlinux and busybox

Adi Linden [email protected]
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 12:44:56 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

Which version of pwl are you using? PeeWeeLinux is currently at version
0.46. Unfortunately, because of problems with a router at my server site,
I haven't been able to upload a new version of PeeWeeLinux to sourceforge
or metalab. The latest version does not yet have busybox or tinylogin
included.

You're correct, the syntax between the busybox mount command and the
generic Linux mount command differ. Some of the command line switches are
not supported. This is noticeable when booting using the default supplied
rc.sysinit script and on shutdown or reboot.

I will be creating packages for busybox and tinylogin soon. Those
packages will include modified system scripts that work properly.

Another aspect of rc.sysinit is that it runs ldconfig. On a system that
has to be small it is advisable to not include ldconfig since it simply
wastes space. ldconfig can be run with a chroot like switch that processes
the libs and generates an ld.so.cache in the temporary mount location of
your build system....

TTYL,
Adi