Doc questions

[email protected] [email protected]
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:37:34 -0600

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 11:10:47AM -0600, Marc Wiz wrote:
> The M-Sys documentation mentions their own version of lilo and that
> it has to be installed.  I have no problem with this it is just I
> want to understand if anyone has gone beyond the M-Sys documentation.

Actualy I used the M-Sys documentation compleatly.
Make sure to get the absolute newest version of the firmware, tools, and docs
from the M-sys page and follow them and you should be fine.  And if you do run
into troubles they are VERY responsive with support emails. (They got back to
me in less than a day when I messed up)

As far as PWL and the DiskOnChip are concerned, I don't really know the current
state of things, and I probably used the tools incorectly :)
I used PWL to make a custom install that had what I wanted in the size that I
wanted it (less than 16meg)

I didn't used PWL's install tools though.  I did all of that buy hand (probably
out of ignorance more than anything).
What you are really asking isn't so much a PWL question as it is an M-Sys
support question, but I'm asnwering here becuase others will/do have the same
question.

Again, go to the M-Sys web page.  Get the latest version of everything, and
read the documentation they provide.  It is mostly a step by step, and doesn't
always tell you 'why' but if you follow the directions you will get everything
up and running.

Good luck!
M@