using My kernel

Adi Linden [email protected]
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:16:12 -0600 (CST)

Hi Andu,

Your best bet is include a kernel you build yourself as custom kernel. By
default the location for custom files is /root/custom. Create
/root/custom/boot and place the bzImage in it. If you reconsider and want
to use modules place the modules in
/root/custom/lib/modules/<kernelversion>

Next you need to select:
Configure Project File System -->
    Configure Custom files for "minimal" -->
        Add custom files to "minimal" -->

That will include those files in your project. Now extract the filesystem
and you'rte in business.

I am working on a pwlconfig feature that will allow you to create custom
kernels. This will allow you to go into the kernel 'make menuconfig' and
build a custom kernel from the PeeWeeLinux patched kernel sources right
from within the pwlconfig environment.

I don't expect to be doing much about it until the new year, though. I've
been fixing bugs in PeeWeeLinux and adding some features needed for my own
development projects. I hope to get what's there now stable and reasonably
bug free first. And then there's documentation to do...

Hope this helps!

TTYL,
Adi