[Peeweelinux-devel] Creating packages for PeeWeeLinux

rick philbrick [email protected]
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:13:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi Adi,

I am not sure that all binary packages come in tar
format. For example, Samba. Sure the source is tar.gz
but looking at the binary i found the .rpm is upto
date. So ditching rpm entirely could be difficult.

Just a thought.

--- Adi Linden <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone created any packages for PeeWeeLinux?
>
> I am working on some updated and new packages. Back
> when I had choosen rpm
> as a package maintenance tool. I don't remember why.
> The pwlconfig
> scripts deal entirely with tar files. The only time
> rpm comes into play
> is when the rpm files are extracted into tar files.
>
> I wonder if it would be easier to do away with rpm
> and use shell scripts
> to generate PeeWeeLinux packages?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Adi