[Peeweelinux-devel] Re: Moving Peewee to the 2.4 series - suggestions ?

Mark Meade [email protected]
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:05:01 -0500

Hi Delaney,

Thanks for your response.  Library (in)compatibilities were causing me some grief early
on, and I'm still trying to sort out all the details.

FWIW, the compatibility packages really helped.  I have a Redhat 7.2 system for
development, and using these packages allowed me to compile and link my applications
against the shared libraries used in the current release of Peewee Linux.  This, of
course, made my applications *much* smaller (no longer statically linked).

I'm not sure how it's done with Mandrake, but in Redhat 7.2 it was simply installing some
.rpm packages:

compat-glibc-6.2-2.1.3.2
compat-egcs-6.2-1.1.2.16
compat-libs-6.2-3
compat-libstdc++-6.2-2.9

After installing these packages, running a script called "i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh"
allowed me to link all my applications against glibc 2.1.x libraries.

Regards,

Mark