[Peeweelinux-devel] Re: Moving Peewee to the 2.4 series - suggestions ?

Mark Meade [email protected]
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:04:26 -0500

Delaney,

I have been using Peewee Linux with the 2.4.17 kernel (DiskOnChip with open
source MTD drivers), installing the kernel using the "Custom Files" options
available under the "Configure File System" menu.

I just posted a message to the other (general discussion) Peewee mailing
list detailing how this was done.  As I said in that message, this may not
be the "best way" to do this, but it has worked well thus far.

I'm not sure what Adi's long term plans are for handling "custom" kernels,
but I've found that creating my own custom image (completely separate from
Peewee), and then adding it to the custom files directory has worked
extremely well.  The real power (IMHO) of Peewee is the package selection,
automatic partitioning/formatting of the target, and flexible target
options.

Regards,

Mark