Ramdisk,Kylix and PeeWee Linux

Alper Atay [email protected]
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:19:35 -0500

>Hi,
>
>Is the application you're running X-based or terminal based?
>
>Redhat 7.0 uses different libraries than Redhat 6.2 which is the basis of
>PeeWeeLinux. You may be experiencing problems due to incompatible
>libraries.
>
>Regards,
>Adi

Hi,
The application is developed for X, the window manager in the RH 7.0 system is Gnome (dont know if this makes any sense).
I modified some libs with their newer versions, but cannot find the lib which causes that problem. Another problem since the ramdisk size is 30 mb i cannot add anything else to PeeWee Linux, and i don't know how to solve this problem since i am not sure if there is any ramdisk size limitation, or why am i experiencing that limitation. PeeWee Linux is booting and giving kernel in panic error while trying to mount the root system, or simply locking the machine while trying to boot it when my ramdisk image is bigger than 30 mb.

Regards,

Alper Atay