[Peeweelinux-devel] Kernel panic: No init found.

Steve Isaacs [email protected]
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:12:44 -0800

Help!

When attempting to boot from compact flash connected via an IDE interface
(dev/hda) on our target board I get the message "Kernel panic: No init
found.". I've tried a number of init= kernel options with no success. Prior
to this message the message "VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly."
was displayed. I find it odd that the file system was mounted readonly (not
the intent -- I was expecting read/write). Could this have something to do
with the panic message?

I'm using PeeWee Linux version 0.61 to build on a SuSE 7.3 system. The
compact flash was formatted using a SanDisk SDDR-31 reader/writer connected
via a USB interface.

Any suggestions to get me past this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Isaacs
Itron Inc.