[Peeweelinux-devel] Printer in peewee

Alper Atay [email protected]
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 05:02:45 -0600

Hi !
I have some problems about getting postscript output from peewee. I have a serial printer (Tpt60 from Custom.it), the supplier Custom have a driver for Redhat 6.1 which contains their own version of gs (just the executable), printerdb (for rhs-printfilters) and Custom-printerdb.

I accomplished to get the printer working in Redhat 6.2 by downgrading Ghostscript to version 5.10. Anyway under peewee i cannot get postscript output :( tried lots of things but i think i am missing a point...once i was able to get ascii output anyway :) also printtool is warning me about it cannot start lpd and does nothing if i manually start it again...Can someone help me about how can i install ghostscript and printertool (which also needs file, magic, sed, cat and some other files for to seem like working in my tries) ?

If someone accomplished to get postscript print under peewee with gs and printtool please tell me how...

Thanks,

Alper