cramfs for 2.2 kernel

Dennis W. Tokarski [email protected]
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:59:19 -0400

Hi all,

I've been following pwl fairly silently for a while now. The
project I've been working on for the last year or so took
a slightly different turn so I wasn't able to use pwl. A shame,
really, as I had been looking forward to making some contribution
here.

But, there may be some fallout from my work that the folks here
find useful. We wound up needing the compressed read-only file
system that Linus did for 2.4, but we were using 2.2. A fellow
named Pavel Dudkin was kind enough to share the work he did
on a backport to 2.2, and I cleaned it up just a bit, mostly
to support multiple partitions.

Adi, I can supply a patch for 2.2.16 and later kernel source. It
would probably work on just about any 2.2 release.

How should I pass along the patch? Would you like it tar/gzipped
and attached to another email (about 50k), inline (about 190k), or
some other way?

   Regards,

   Dennis Tokarski
   PolTec Electronics