Hello

Ralph Stickley [email protected]
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 06:43:30 -0700 (PDT)

Richard,

--- Richard Jennings <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to introduce myself and offer my congratulations to Adi and
> Ralph.  I've been playing with PeeWeeLinux for the past couple of
> days and I think its great!   In my mind's eye I had a vision of the
> type of embedded linux environment I would like - package based with
> the ability to select commands and components using a GUI front end.
> In short PeeWeeLinux.

Thanks, glad you like it...

> I built my first embedded Linux system in the spring and summer of
> '99 using Paul Moody's Howto. http://linux-embedded.com/pmhowto.html
> It took me a long time with endless reboots to finally trim my system
> down to  less than 20 MB of disk space and still run a LabVIEW for
> Linux executable. On the first day with PeeWeeLinux I had a booting
> system with X that used ~13 MB. Pretty cool!

glad you found it useful too !

> I wanted to ask a favor - could you send me a copy of the library
> libpthread.so.0 that is compatible with PeeWeeLinux 0.51 and will you
> include in the next release as part of the distribution? I need this
> for running LabVIEW under Linux. I tried to copy the library from my
> SuSE distribution but it wasn't compatible. :-(

I simply copied the file from my Red Hat 6.1 distribution - my quick and dirty
way of getting things going (don't tell Adi - he hates it when I do that :)

Adi can probably figure out how to get the sources and build a rpm thing....
in the mean time, I'll send my file off-list (65K zip file).

> Thanks
>
> Richard

Later,
Ralph